iSessioner.com is very serious about protecting student information. One of the best ways to protect student information is to host iSessioner on a secure server. Therefore, all iSessioner Web sites are required to be hosted, operated and maintained on a secure server. A secure server is one of many things iSessioner.com will employ to protect student information and to comply with FERPA.
Online Safety - This is a list of Web site resources you may find useful for safe surfing on the Internet.
- Keeping Children Safe Online - Children present unique security risks when they use a computer—not only do you have to keep them safe, you have to protect the data on your computer. By taking some simple steps, you can dramatically reduce the threats.
- Stay Safe Online - The mission of NCSA is to educate and therefore empower a digital society to use the Internet safely and securely at home, work, and school, protecting the technology individuals use, the networks they connect to, and our shared digital assets.
- Staying Safe on Social Network Sites - The popularity of social networking sites continues to increase, especially among teenagers and young adults. The nature of these sites introduces security risks, so you should take certain precautions.
- A Parent’s Guide to Internet Safety - Protecting our children against the fear of crime and from becoming victims of crime must be a national priority.
- OnGuard Online - OnGuardOnline.gov is a partner in the Stop Think Connect campaign, led by the Department of Homeland Security, and part of the National Initiative for Cyber security Education, led by the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Social Networking Safety - Familiarizing yourself with the basic terminology that is used on most social networking sites will help you communicate effectively with your teen about the topic.
- Kids’ Rules for Online Safety -These rules are aimed mostly at younger children, at oldest preteens. Appropriate “rules” for online use vary by age, maturity of the child and family values (updated June, 2013.
- The Essential Teen Internet Safety Guide - In this guide, we'll give you tips, techniques and advice about how to protect your teen from a whole host of dangers, including fraud and identity theft. This guide will help you teach your teen safe social media behavior and help him or her avoid cyber bullying. Plus, you'll discover the best ways to safeguard your teen from the threats posed by email, instant messenger, and chat rooms.
- Cyber Security Tips - The mission of the MS-ISAC is to improve the overall cyber security posture of state, local, tribal and territorial governments. Collaboration and information sharing among members, private sector partners and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security are the keys to success.
- Tips for Safe Internet Banking - The Internet offers the potential for safe, convenient new ways to shop for financial services and conduct banking business, any day, any time. However, safe banking online involves making good choices - decisions that will help you avoid costly surprises or even scams.
- Tips for Identifying Fraudulent Emails - The best way you can protect yourself from phony phishers is to understand what legitimate financial service providers and respectable online auction houses will and will not do. Most importantly, legitimate entities will not ask you to provide or verify sensitive information through a non-secure means, such as email.
- Internet and Mobile Safety - Our mission is to assist educators, for whom time is a precious commodity, in discovering valuable resources of substance for classroom use. We also seek to strengthen connections among the educational web by acting as courier: because of our high standards, our approach is grassroots and hands-on in nature.
- Putting Parental Controls on Child’s Mobile Phone - At NetSafe we encourage adults to have open conversations with young people about the responsibility that goes along with ownership of a connected device.
- The Parent’s Guide to Teens and Mobile Use - FAST FACTS and NUMBERS on CellPhone Ownership and Use.
Safe Internet Browsers for Kids - Here are five safe and secure internet browsers that can make the Internet a much safer place for children.